Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall!

Obviously the summer is over. I only have to feel the cold windowpanes upon waking in the morning to know this. While reflecting I realize I did have a great summer--I did deep clean the house, went on a picnic with the hubby and read lots of books in my free time. The painting of the cabinets/laundry room is still in progress and I never did get around to planting anything. We did end up finishing the captain bed...see final result below:

You can't really tell, but it's made up of three open benches in a U shape that I can put baskets in for nice storage option. I love all the hard work hubby put into it and it's beautiful. It'll look awesome with the bookcase headboard when it's done.

With fall comes apple scented candles and cooler weather, but it's also the season for slowing down and savoring the small things. The biggest thing I'm learning is that I need to be willing to reach out to others even if it takes me out of my comfort zone.

No comments: