Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goals for 2012

Since we did fairly well with the loosely set goals we had last year, I wanted to see how much more I could accomplish in 2012 by being focused and intentional.

I was inspired by Money Saving Mom's post on her yearly goals, and used her printable templates as a springboard for my own. Last night over Subway sandwiches before Church, my husband and I finalized the breakdown of our yearly goals into monthly ones.

While some of it may seem ambitious (considering there's a newborn on the way and we're limited to one income), I will be happy if I end up achieving more than I did last year, even if everything doesn't get crossed off the list. Having said that, here's this year's goals:


2012 Goals

 Faith:
Practice individual, daily devotions
Commit to prayer/devotions together as a couple
Commit to more regular church attendence
Give to church and charity of choice on a monthly basis
 Family / Marriage:
Finish nursery for Zeke before he's born
Continue monthly date nights after his arrival
Try different traditions to establish as a family
Eat dinner at the table at least 2x a week
 Finances:
Bring student loan down to $**** and transfer to interest free credit card
Increase emergency savings to $****
Start (me) blogging/amazon sales to earn an extra $100-200 /mo. for debt/savings
Read blogs/books on finances regularly for inspiration
Continue couponing, menu planing, and stockpiling deals when possible
 House:
Have at least one room insulated by end of year
Have roof repaired
Install gutters by summer
Clear out brush in yard/Clean out shed
Create ventilation for bathroom and paint ceiling
 Health:
Study nutrition and implement one new change a month
Cook from scratch more and eat less processed foods
Practice yoga and walking as a family
 Simplicity:
Declutter the whole house, room by room. Sell or donate unneeded items.
Create methods for storing and organizing items around house.
Regularly read blogs on minimalism/simplicity for new ideas
Strive to stay on top of chores often put off: dishes, laundry, etc *insert red face here*

I might post weekly goals too for accountability, but haven't decided yet if I'll do so. However, here's to a productive 2012! (it's gonna take me a month to get used to saying '12 and not '11....)
 

No comments: