Thursday, December 29, 2011

Anticipation for the new year

I know it has been another fall off the blogging bandwagon yet again. But since the baby is coming in almost seven (!) weeks, I figure there'll never be a "good" time to start back up again, so I may as well just jump back in and not worry about frequency right away.

This weekend is my last one working which means I'll have a lot of free time to accomplish and finish things I've wanted/needed to do. I'm back into making a new to-do list for each day and have decided to set goals (not resolutions) for the new year with my husband. We've done really well with most of the goals we loosely set the past year so it's time to hit the gear and aim for more internationalism.

So I'm thinking of setting six major goals for different categories and then breaking those down into monthly/weekly action steps. It should be much easier that way to stay motivated and track progress made.

I doubt anyone is reading this at this point, but for the extra (imaginary) accountability I'm posting my list for today and reporting back later how many I was able to finish:



  • Clean off couch (sad thing about having the living room be the first room upon entry is that the couch becomes a snare for dumping stuff).
  • Iron 2 shirts from pile (huge pile, but I have decided to finish 2 a day until it's done).
  • Clean microwave.
  • Wash dishes.
  • Bake 2 loafs of banana bread for the last of Christmas gifts.
  • Hang awards/degrees on walls.
  • Work on organizing nursery.
  • Work on thank you notes for baby shower gifts
  • Finish thank you notes for Christmas gifts
  • Fill in birthdays for next year on calendar
  • Print birth plan for doctor appointment next week
  • Make cookies for last day at work.
  • Make grocery list and print coupons
  • Wash, dry and fold one load of laundry
  • Finish writing new year goals with husband
And that's all folks, but I'll definitely feel like super woman if I can finish all those tasks today. Cannot believe there's only two days left in this year--time to end it with as few loose strings as possible! :) 


No comments: