Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pass me not...

An epiphany I just had today: my God is big. I feel like I’ve been cynical and doubtful of many things lately, but He is big enough to handle it. I question my abilities, strengths, and often fear the future. And yet, He’s big enough and it doesn’t faze Him in the slightest. He is big. Big enough to...

understand me
comfort during sorrows
meet my longings
bear my hurts
accept my weakness
forgive my failings
and is much bigger than the box I had placed Him in for years...


I love how Fanny Crosby expresses it:

Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.


God is big enough to notice the unnoticeable.

Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.


He's big enough to do what man can't--heal.

Let me at a throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.


Yes, please Lord help us all.

No comments: