Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rest

I slept in this morning and woke up determined to have a great weekend. I puttered around the apartment and then drove over to one of my favorite clothing stores to window shop--not that I can buy anything, but it's always fun to look. It gives me ideas of how I can put outfits together in different ways. I know that sounds shallow, but it helps me to make the most of what I already have. After that I decided to treat myself to lunch since I don't go out to eat anymore. Amazing how many different looks people give you when you eat alone. I had Mexican food which is one of my favorites so I didn't really care. Now that I'm back I made three cups of coffee (ah warmth!) and feel really motivated to get stuff done--only I need to clean up around here so I can find what I'm looking for. Later I'm going grocery shopping to get some food for the week ahead.

I need to start working out more so I'm going to start easing into a routine of doing so this weekend. On a serious side, I am giving thought as to what I'm doing everyday to go after my dreams. Am I taking deliberate steps to get to where I want to go or am I just drifting? I do know that it is not what you dream that determines what you become-it is what you do everyday of your life.

No comments: