Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yay for 24-hour grocery stores :)

I have spent most of the weekend, yesterday, and today working a paper that I was really struggling with finishing. It was past the deadline and I wanted to be done with it--which was compounded by the fact I became sick over the weekend and tried to get back to "normal" too.

I finally finished it today at the stroke of midnight. As I clicked "send" with one hand, my other hand slapped my forehead as I remembered I was responsible for making desert for tomorrow's (er...today's) office party. So I badgered my friend into joining me at the nearby 24-hour Kroger so I could responsibly satisfy every one's sweet tooth like I promised. I wanted the company to keep me awake and in case I ran into un-named persons whom I didn't wish to see. (You know who you are, and yes I wanted to see you...)

I finally bought everything and instead of putting the items away, I'm staring down the grocery bags hoping to scare the food into jumping in the refrigerator and cupboards by themselves. Hey, it worked for Mary Poppins. Bleh. How do I get myself into such predicaments?

Well thanks to the unsafe amounts of coffee I consumed while working on said paper, I'm very awake and should make my desert before these side effects wear off. I do need to get my sleep so I can work on the next research paper. O_o It never ends does it?

So good night...*squints at clock* uh I mean good morning...

No comments: