Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blessings

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I've been considering how much have to be grateful for. It never ceases to amaze me how good life is when I take the time to remind myself.

I have a job that lets me go to school, have a roof over my head, pay the bills, and provides me insurance to take care of my health.

I have a great car that gets me from point A to B and so far has been very reliable.

I've been blessed with friends who've been there in the good times and bad, and who have made me grow just from being around them.

In the south I have a family who are eager to see me for Christmas vacation and have every moment planned from the time I step off the plane.

I have landlords who have been more than patient with me when I couldn't pay rent upfront on rare occasions. And have been more than willing to help me even when I haven't asked for it.

I have a very patient and understanding boss who is flexible and willing to work with me.

I am one semester away from graduation--and from whatever is next.

I know I have a great future ahead of me and it is full of promise; many of my classmates from high school are still in the same town I left--I don't want to take the opportunities I have for granted or to waste them.

I have my faith which has sustained even in my hardest times.

I have heroes from the past and present that have gone before me and gave me a reason to dream big and live outside the box.


And to my readers, have a great Thanksgiving and never forget how much He has done for you.

1 comment:

becki said...

Molly! Thank you for kind words left on my blog... Grandma will be missed in ways heretofore unconsidered.

Your list of blessings lends grace to this day...