Saturday, November 29, 2008

Graduation Obsessions

There is no other way to describe it. I can't stop thinking about the day I write the last page of a paper, and close the last book (figuratively). I am weary of school. And my job--honestly much as I appreciate it, isn't fulfilling. Many grandiose dreams of moving somewhere and starting over is beginning to appeal to me.

Before I decided to transfer colleges, I considered not completing my degree and going straight into the workforce. One such job I really wanted to do (and still do) was to be a nanny/governess. I was almost hired by a military couple in D.C. who had a 2 year boy and a newborn on the way. I would watch them 60 hours a week, have my own room, eat with the family, take them on outings, appointments, do light housekeeping and whatever else the job requested. I was so thrilled to be considered for the position, but at the last minute they decided not hire me.

I remember how disappointed I was--since it was my dream job and everything. In the end it was good because I ended up going to Liberty and obtained a job and the opportunity to finish my degree. So as it stands now, I will graduate with my Bachelor of Science degree in May. Will I stay for 2-3 more years and get my Masters? Honestly, I don't know. My dad thinks I should take advantage of it and it makes sense to me, but I am getting restless here. A part of me wants to take the diploma and move on.

So today I renewed my account with an agency that places candidates with families and posted that I was available in May 2009. I don't know if anything will come out of it, but I'm thinking that I should keep as many options open as I can. Also, I need to get certified for first aid and CPR since that will be beneficial regardless of whether or not I end up in this field.

Dreams. I still remember that quote, "It is not what you dream that determines what you become. It is what you do--everyday of your life." It is kind of exciting not knowing how this will turn out.

1 comment:

Aimee Mayer said...

you should ask Amanda about her nanny job in MN. ha, ha, ha. ~Aim