Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Summer come quickly!


I am learning an annoying program at work that has a bunch of time consuming steps one must do before he or she can accomplish anything significant. During the whole training session, I kept thinking how nice it would be to be sitting on the shore of a beach, with the sun beating down my back, and a good book in my hand. Ah, it's just relaxing just thinking about it.

For some reason, I want this summer to be really memorable. This is the first summer I am really on my own and I want for it to be great one. A time to life to the fullest, inhale all the knowledge I can, and be a better person for it when the few months have gone by. My last summer was spent in my parents house while I was trying to figure out what to do with my life--which I do not recommend. Assuming I get my first car by then (Lord puhlease!), I wanna go camping in the mountains, take mini-road trips, go to parties, take dancing lessons, and just go somewhere! I feel as if I will explode if I don't. An exaggeration maybe, but not much.

For that reason, I'm not taking summer classes. I need a break from school and I have a feeling that this is my last summer where I can do what I want (besides working). I don't know what the next season may bring so it only makes sense to take advantage of the time I have now. I plan to not only to spend time doing the things I mentioned earlier, but to also spend it with a great love of mine--reading. Not for research, school, or to get ahead--but for fun. How I miss that.

1 comment:

Aimee Mayer said...

But you must learn it!!!! I can't do it just 4 hours a day for two weeks middle of next month!!!!!!