Monday, April 28, 2008

Stress and more stress

So this Wednesday I have a major project due that is worth 20% of my grade and I'm trying so hard not to freak out about it. I've done a lot, but still have a lot more to finish. And I also have, on the same day, a presentation to give for another class. At least my power points are done; I just needa figure out what to say and somehow be coherent at the same time. One of my pet peeves is when people finish a speech by saying "that's it" or "oh I'm done". Um, didn't you have time to write a conclusion to give? So I don't want to do that in mine. I'm a firm believer in being as professional as possible, but I'll get off my soapbox now.

I just remembered I have a library book due back tomorrow, better pull that out so I don't forget it. I was really happy this morning when my prof said we didn't have to take the last test if we were happy with the first three. Since I am, I'll have extra time to put the finishing touches on my project before I turn it in. Tomorrow is rehearsal for my presentation and I needa go to the library before that and print a bunch of stuff off and then go to the art lab. And I'm getting behind at work which is not good cuz it's only going to get busier.

On a bright spot though, I'm finally okay. Most of you might be scratchin your heads and saying "huh?", but that's cuz there is a lot you don't know about me. And the past several months I have been so burdened/stressed that I've lost 20 pounds without trying, skipped periods, lost my appetite, have/had dizzy spells and on it goes. The only explanation the doc could give was that it was stress related. Which is an extremely helpful diagnosis btw. *eyeroll* But Sunday morning, I couldn't do it any more. I went forward to the altar and told God that I was giving it up to Him. In other words all these problems are not really mine to deal with--it's His responsibility now. Which is funny cuz it truthfully is, but I wasn't living like it. So now I feel as if the weight of the world is off my shoulders. My circumstances are the still the same, but my joy is back. And...I've gained 5 pounds. Yay, my clothes fit better now :)

No comments: