Saturday, January 31, 2009

My life so far...

So this weekend has been quite eventful... er, depending on your definition of that. Yesterday on the way home from work, I stopped by the thrift store to find items to decorate my apartment with. It is becoming a new hobby/obsession for me and I'm thrilled with the way my place is slowly progressing into the home I envision it to be. For I don't want to just have a place to "live in" however long-term or temporary it may be. I really want to make the most of what I have now, instead of waiting for something bigger or better. I want it to reflect my personalities while making it a welcoming place for my friends. I bought a poster today of the Brooklyn bridge that I'll have framed, am looking into painting and/or wallpapering, along with trying to find more pictures, rugs, plants, etc. It's a nice way to take a break from the stresses of school/work.

Speaking of which, it's getting quite busy at work and a part of me prefers it that way since it makes the day go by faster. However, I am more tired by the time I go home and have little energy left to clean, make dinner, do homework, talk to friends, etc. Small wonder I look forward to the weekend. Graduation, effective tomorrow, is in 96 more days and I'm super excited about it. Finally got to talk to my folks today and made plans for them to come up for the event. I need to schedule vacation days from work for graduation weekend, buy my books for next sub-term, send out the rest of my invites, and just get on top of things. I also I have my internship details to work out, but as of now it's on the back of my mind.

Still haven't be able to find a roommate, but I'm slowing coming to peace with it. My folks agreed to help out financially as long as I'm contributing what I can. Perhaps I need to be by myself for a few months. Regardless, I'm going to accept my situation roommate or not.

Today I walked one whole mile and proved to myself how out of shape I am. It showed me I need to make my health more of a priority so I'm going to try to walk everyday. Afterwards I did laundry, made dinner, and did some reading. It occurred to me I haven't written on the blog in a while so I'm jotting a random note here. Now I need to get back to homework. But I ask you, what are you working towards? It makes life much more interesting to have a goal.

No comments: