Thursday, January 22, 2009

Carried to the Table, by Leeland

I love this song; I'm performing to it for my recital.

Wounded and forsaken
I was shattered by the fall
Broken and forgotten
Feeling lost and all alone
Summoned by the King
Into the Master’s courts
Lifted by the Savior
And cradled in His arms

I was carried to the table
Seated where I don’t belong
Carried to the table
Swept away by His love
And I don’t see my brokenness anymore
When I’m seated at the table of the Lord
I’m carried to the table
The table of the Lord

Fighting thoughts of fear
And wondering why He called my name
Am I good enough to share this cup
This world has left me lame
Even in my weakness
The Savior called my name
In His Holy presence
I’m healed and unashamed

You carried me, my God
You carried me

2 comments:

erick michael said...

i love this too thanks for posting it

thats how i feel, all the time, when i think of how good God is, of all He's given me that I don't deserve.

still thinking... said...

you're welcome! thanks for stopping by and congrats on your engagement btw...hope you guys are doing well :)