Monday, December 22, 2008

Leaving home for home...

This is my favorite time of the year to be in Florida. There is joke among the natives that we have four seasons: summer, summer, summer, and almost summer. This is the time of year when the heat is more bearable and actually quite a wonderful 70-80 balmy degrees. It's been a great vacation so far, I've taken long walks in the neighborhood, played on the playground with the bro (yes we regress a little), had long talks with mom, slept in every morning, got to see my dog once again, eat lotsa food, and just relaxed in general. The town still looks the same as I left it, even after one long year and my home church is slightly bigger--but still as friendly as I remember it.

Ironic thing is, even after all my rants of how "trapped" I felt in VA, a part of me wanted to be there again and another part wanted to stay in FL. A friend wisely pointed out that the world is not ready for two of me, so I guess I just have a different perspective once I'm away from the routine. I need to do laundry and pick out a cookie recipe to do before Christmas sneaks up on me. So I'll write again later.

No comments: