Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye 2008

This past year has been one of the hardest I can remember. Yet there were many memorable moments as well. I accomplished many of my goals, made new friends, got promoted, traveled, and just simply learned and grew.

Noteworthy snapshots from the year:

Bought a fishy and didn't kill it.
Climbed halfway up peaks of otter...someday I'll conquer it.
Finally got a quality camera...yay!
Drove in the snow for the first time :)
Purchased my first car without any debt...well not for a few weeks.
Moved to a new apartment.
Lost friends and gained new ones.
Sprained my arm for the first and hopefully last time.
Actually flunked a class for the first time...not something I'm proud of.
Fell asleep through too many movies.
Learned how to file a tax return.
Started ballet once again.

And my goals for 2009?

Run after work everyday.
Schedule time to be still.
Graduate from Liberty.

But mostly...to push myself to get past my fears. Take risks. To give people a chance even if I may get hurt in the end. It is my tendency to do the "safe" route. As sociable I am, I have held many people at arms length. If I've done so to you, I apologize. Be patient with me and yet be willing to prod me if I stay that way too long. However, the blessings God has bestowed on my life and home has amazed me...He has been good even in everything I've gone through. It should be interesting to see what 2009 will bring...

No comments: