Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sleepless in seatle...or wherever

Yes. I know. It is 3:30 in the morning and therefore I'm insane. But that's what happens when you don't get home until 6pm after working all day. I made a baked potato for dinner with all the trimmings, and attempted to watch a movie with my roommate--but fell asleep on the couch not long after the opening credits. So I woke up and panicked when I saw the time on my laptop was 11:30. My thought was I overslept and totally missed my ride to work...till I realized it was pm and not am. And I have been awake ever since.

I'm picking up my car at the DMV this morning at 8 so I've been looking up info and seeing what I have to bring. I've got my documents together, my check, and other stuff all neatly stacked near my purse at the door. I still feel like I'm forgetting something important though. Argh, I hate that feeling. I'm going to be very broke for a while, but I guess you can't put a price tag on independence. I'm sure Aimee will enjoy the extra few minutes of sleep, but I know I'll miss the random moments that keep me from taking myself too seriously. Her sign language skills are improving so rapidly--I feel like a proud momma. We had a convo in sign during lunch today and we only talked about other people around us. The poor souls. It was so hilarious. :)

Only two more days till the weekend. I'm going to be so dead when it comes. There's been way too much drama this week, but I'm going wash my hands of it. Hopefully, it can only get better from here on out...

No comments: