Sunday, August 17, 2008

So...

As happy I am for my friend who (you know who you are) is planning to going back to school, I'm not. (I'll miss you!) September 15th I'll go back to school again--even if there is a two week overlap in the last two terms, but I need a break. Again. Within the past three weeks, I have literally turn my life upside down and everything is different from what it was before. I have a new residence, roommate, routines...new everything and all because of some drama that I don't wish to go into here. But it is behind me and I have this chance at a fresh start that I don't want to waste. I'm sad and down, but also energized. This new apartment is slowing becoming "my place", and I have the freedom to come and go as I please.

I have so many plans and ambitions that I want to accomplish. I still want to take ballet again, and I'm kicking in gear in looking for a car now. Still going to finish my degree (after the aforesaid break), decorate my place, go on a retreat to the beach in October, and see my folks again for either Thanksgiving or Christmas...yea there is still much to look forward to. For the first time, I truly feel independent. I'm budgeting the little money I have :), making my own (sometimes boxed, heh) lunches the night before, exercising almost every evening after dinner, and just enjoying being the queen of my little domain. I have a lot of less stress too (not completely gone, but manageable), and life is just slower-paced and calmer now.

It is not often that I get to have tears of joy.

No comments: