Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life Continued

Oh. My. Goodness. Has it been over a month since I last wrote here? Shows how insanely crazy my life or *cough* I have become. Regardless the weather finally is getting warmer. My toesies are itching to slip into sandals and flip flops instead of the serious close toe shoes/heels I wear all the time. I want to paint my nails too--a cheery pink or lavender color perhaps. But alas I am sick today and cursed with a sore throat and fever which has mostly left, thank goodness. I can't even rest on a sick day though since I have been typing a 20 page paper all day. The things I want to do...read, decorate, cook, even paint toesies are on hold for this monster called school.

Speaking of which, graduation day is looming on me. I am discovering how easily distracted and stressed I become when uh...I'm stressed. I'm trying (vainly it seems...I should be doing homework now) to be self-disciplined and to remain focused. Too many thoughts compete for attention in my mind and I am waaay to concerned with what other people think of me these days. But the voice, the sweet voice whispers "in all your ways acknowledge me and I shall direct thy paths" and "come unto me all ye who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest". How I need that rest...the kind where you feel as if you could sleep forever and when you do wake up everything is bright, new and full of possibilities?

No comments: