Sunday, April 26, 2009

The best is yet to be...

The scene: Nazi concentration camp. A feeble Jewish woman lays on a cot balanced on the thin line that separates life and death. Kneeling on the ground is her older sister holding her hand.

"Yes Betsie?"
"Corrie, when you leave here you must tell them of this place. You must tell them that there is no pit so deep that Christ is not deeper still. They will believe us because of what we have been through. And...Corrie?"
"Yes?"
"The best is yet to be."


*************************************************************
This is one of my all time favorite quotes. Today's sermon in church was on the importance of priorities. God first. Family second. Church and everything else descends below it. It's almost like a row of dominoes...if properly lined up everything will fall in place. I think priorities is another word for having perspective. (I'm ignoring the irony of me writing this when I have homework to do.) But seriously how often have I heard these phrases? Time is as a vapor; it appeareth and vanisheth away. Our times are in His hands. Redeem the time, for the days are evil.

I have been so tired and stressed the past few weeks. I'm determined now to set aside time everyday to be still before God. It seems that the busier I become the more He gets demoted on my priority list. Sad, but true. The past few days have been filled with teaching, homework, financial stresses, discouragement, hope, hunger, papers, exams, planning, making lists and checking boxes. But I'm trying to get where I won't feel as frantic as my life is now. That, like Jesus, I could sleep soundly in a boat in the mist of a storm.

Simply because the best is yet to be.

No comments: