Friday, September 26, 2008

*yawn*

I am so zoned out. My mind is on the plane cruising at an altitude of 14,000 feet in the air southbound to Florida. My mom has several things planned for me when I fly home in December and I want to be there and not here. I miss home and I'm sad because I think it'll be the last time I'll see my dog alive. She has arthritis and doesn't hear as well as she used to. Being almost 14 years old, I guess she has a right to be. My roommate's birthday is this Sunday and I needa get her a card before I forget. I am mostly aggravated over my lack of transportation and Monday I'll have a mechanic look at a car I'm interested in. If it goes well I'm going to buy it, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. Since I am tired and cranky now, so far I have succeeded in putting a damper on my hopes. I'm not completely over some things, but I have more good days than bad days and hope is starting to overtake the hurt I had. My current encouragement is a verse that runs in my head like a broken record:

Life's day will soon be o'er, all storms forever past,
We'll cross the great divide, to glory, safe at last;
We'll share the joys of heav'n - a harp, a home, a crown,
The tempter will be banished, we'll lay our burden down.

No comments: