Sunday, June 28, 2009

Marriage

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. (Titus 2:4-5)

So begins my research paper on "Preparing for Marital Life", the remaining requirement of my Counseling Women course. As I write this paper and jot down my rough outline, I am realizing how much of it applies to me. I am going to be a wife. Personally, I never understood the career driven mentality so many women have. As exciting being promoted was last year, it didn't make me want to "climb the ladder" so to speak. Not that I look down on them, but all I have ever wanted was to have my own home and a family.

Soon, in 249 days, instead of instead of only living for myself and my goals, I will be helping my husband meet his aspirations. I will learn new definitions of respect, flexibility and faithfulness. I will find simple joy in planting flowers, hanging pictures, planning menus, and turning a house into a home. Already I have taken over decorating his place and am having too much fun doing so.

I can't wait to be Mrs. Glass. :)

No comments: