Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Silence

I am so stressed to the point of feeling sick to my stomach. I found out today, unless my appeal gets approved, that I won't be able to walk for graduation in May. My family and grandparents have already made plans to be here to celebrate this and I hate that I may have let everyone down. My life feels reduced to stack of to-do lists, homework, and errands to do here and there. I wish I wasn't so serious all the time. I wish I could laugh more often and just plain enjoy life. The fact that I'm here is a miracle right? Each day is a gift, is it not? So why don't I feel that? Why am I so tired, worn, and stressed all the time?

Ugh. What happened to my ambitions--to read, travel, explore, meet people? Each day I find myself wanting a "career" less than ever before. And yet I can't be ungrateful...I have a job, apt, friends, family, good health, and am better off than so many people...God please help me!

2 comments:

Aimee Mayer said...

****Hugs*****

I know the feeling. Try to take it easy, and remember God is in control. And pray. That's what you keep telling me, right?

Anonymous said...

you know we all love you Molly. remember...it's always darkest before the dawn. and if you never sit in a valley, you'll never learn to appreciate the mountaintop.